Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Cycle 2 Week 13

Timeline:
I hide the Timeline cards around the room before the kids arrive. We sing the Timeline song for week 13 as they look for the cards. Once they locate a card they sit in the middle of the room and wait for their friends. When all the cards have been found we will put them in order and sing through them.

History:
Motions and Song:
"steam engine" - fists up and down like pistons in engine
"power loom" - weave fingers together
"cotton gin" - crank "handle" in circular motion with hand
"Industrial Revolution" - hands together over shoulder, like holding a pickax, swing in downward motion 

Latin:
We will squat down and whisper the singular endings then jump up and shout the plural endings.

English:
Action Cube


Science:
I will let the kids help choose some fun motions to do for this one.

Math:
Draw "Land of Gallon" on the board while quickly saying the story.
Story: Once upon a time in the Land of Gallon (Draw G) there lived 4 Queen Quarts (Draw Qs). Each Queen Quart had a Prince Pint and a Princess Pint (Draw Ps). And each Prince and Princess Pint had 2 cats (Draw Cs) who drank 8 ounces of water a day.

Point to letters and sing song.

Geography:
Noway (Norway) would I eat sweets (Sweden) on the fin (Finland) of a shark! 
Denmark


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting again! You are always the first blog I check as I start my weekly plans and I was getting worried you decided to stop posting. I appreciate the simple yet fun ideas you share. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome ideas. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Your blog is my FAV! Fun and engaging but not too involved just my style! Great balance! I love your geography esp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are a big help! Great Math Story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your ideas, they are a big help!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've borrowed several of your ideas! Thank you! I wish our campus wasn't several weeks ahead of your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete