Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Cycle 2 Week 5

 Image result for cardboard blocks


Timeline:

I have some cardboard blocks that are already in the church classroom that I use for CC. This would be a good week to build a tower while we sing through the timeline song like the "Jews rebuilding the temple". Once we sing through it enough and we have a nice big tower, we can "destroy the temple". So if you happen to have access to any type of blocks, even small ones, it might be a fun chance to use them! 

History:

My mom happens to have a stuffed rat! So, we will send one of our room moms out in the hallway and hide the rat. We'll have her come in and look for the rat while we sing our history song. As she gets closer we'll sing louder and as she gets further away from the rat we'll sing quieter. Kind of like playing hot or cold. We'll continue to sing until our mom finds the rat. Once the rat is found we'll send another mom out and do it again until we get through the song at least 7 times.

If you don't have a stuffed rat you could use a toy or print off a picture of a rat or even draw a simple rat face to use.

Latin: 

We will be learning new Latin endings this week so we will be getting help from our Hedgehog friend, Erin.

Science:

We will sing and do motions:

(I'm  abbreviating to make sure I don't copyright.)

Adpt- turn around, like changing
Mgt- pretend to fly
Hbnt- go under desks, like going into a cave. If you can't go under the desks then you could just lay down on the floor and pretend to sleep.

English:

We will pair up with a partner and sing our English while tossing a ball back and forth. There are already small blow-up beach balls in my room. But you could bring in any type of small soft object for the kids to safely toss back and forth.  

Math:

9's:  We will either play erase away with the chalk board, water, and a paintbrush. 

Or, we'll use the activity sticks or cube depending on how much energy the kids have!!

 

10's:  We will partner up and give high tens as we skip count the 10's.



Geography:

Here's my Geography story for the week:
When the Queen of England lended (London - 1) me her iron, I told her about the poor girl from Spain who sold candy-bars alone (Barcelona - 2). She would often stand or lean (Orleans - 3) against the case with the pair (Paris - 4) of fancy Italian boots in it, dreaming of the day she would roam (Rome - 5) around in them!


I'll tell then the story while pointing to the locations on the map. Then, we'll find the locations together and go through the story again a couple of times. We'll do a quick "Show me where...is/ Tell me what this is".


Fine Arts:


I found this coloring page a couple years back and love the way it shows perspective. I cut out all the main objects in the picture so that the kids can see the different sizes and how ridiculous they look when you take away the perspective of the overall picture. This would work with any picture that has perspective in it. just print off two pictures and cut the main pictures out of one of them.


This is the picture we picked to do and a link to the site describing the project.

13 comments:

  1. Love reading about the structure of your class, awesome job Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love reading about the structure of your class, awesome job Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where can I find the schoolhouse picture? I really like that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry it took me so long to respond I wasn't able to get on over the weekend. I tried to locate the picture so that I could post a link to it but was unable to find it. Sorry! Hope you were able to find a picture you like.

      Delete
    2. Google "one room schoolhouse coloring page" and it will pop up.

      Here is a link from Pinterest
      https://www.pinterest.com/pin/81627811973636123/

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much for posting the link Becky!!! I added the it to the blog. I appreciate you taking the time to send it! :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Katie, I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate your ideas and willingness to post your plans. I am a first year tutor and have been using a lot of your ideas. Thank you so much!! Please keep posting!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beth! I appreciate your kind words. So glad you're able to use some of the ideas. I am going to do my best to continue posting! :)

      Delete
  7. Hi Katie, Your blog has been tremendously helpful to give me ideas to use in my CC Class. Thank you! Please keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I appreciate your kind words! So glad you are finding the ideas to be helpful. I will do my best to keep posting! This week is week 6 for us. I know some campuses are a little ahead of us!

      Delete